Passover is right around the corner – Monday evening to be exact – and I’m getting ready! Today I went out and bought matzah, soup mix, coconut, and my favorite thing about this time of year – coconut covered marshmallows!!! They don’t make them any other time of year except for now and I am obsessed. Usually I don’t think that kosher marshmallows are that good, but these are just amazing!
Anyway. First night seder I plan on going to the Bronfman Center here on campus to connect with some other university Jews and second night I plan on heading up town for a nice big seder with the whole family. Not quite sure what I’m going to make yet, but here are a few of my favorite Passover treats…
MACAROONS – This is my signature recipe – one of my favorite things to make.
CHOCOLATE COVERED CARAMEL MATZAH – This is a great recipe if you’re in a rush, but still want a yummy dessert for your Passover table.
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE COOKIES
(Adapted from Allrecipes.com)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2) Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks.
3) Slowly add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture becomes glossy. Fold in cocoa and chocolate chips.
4) Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.